Seven Curtin University researchers have been named among the world’s best, recorded in the latest edition of the Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers List.
The Curtin researchers named on the 2021 list, released overnight by Web of Science, include:
- Professor Peter Gething, The Kerry M Stokes AC Chair of Child Health, also from the Telethon Kids Institute;
- Professor Nick Golding, from Curtin’s School of Population Health and the Telethon Kids Institute;
- John Curtin Distinguished Professor Zongping Shao, from Curtin’s WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering;
- John Curtin Distinguished Professor Moses Tade, from Curtin’s WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering;
- John Curtin Distinguished Professor Simon Wilde, from Curtin’s School of Earth and Planetary Sciences;
- John Curtin Distinguished Professor Yong Wu, from Curtin’s School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences;
- and Research Associate Frank Arfuso, from the Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute.
Dr Xinguang Zhang, from Yantai University, also has a secondary affiliation with Curtin.
More than 6,600 researchers from more than 70 countries across the globe were recognised for demonstrating significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers over the last decade.
Curtin University Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research Professor Chris Moran congratulated the Curtin researchers named among the publications that rank in the top one per cent by citations globally.
“These researchers have been recognised among the globe’s finest – at the very forefront of their fields, helping to expand the world’s knowledge in their areas of expertise,” Professor Moran said.
“Four Curtin researchers were identified as exceptional researchers for their cross-field impact, while the other researchers were considered global leaders in chemistry, geosciences and mathematics.”
The list is compiled drawing on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information at Clarivate.
For more information on the Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researchers List for 2021, visit here.