With more than 175 different scholarships available exclusively for business majors, the USF Muma College of Business is proud to award nearly $600,000 in scholarships each year. Some scholarships are need-based, some are merit-based; others are awarded to students studying for a particular degree or are based on student talent.
The Muma College of Business will accept applications for scholarships through the university’s AwardSpring System for the 2020-2021 academic year in November 2020. Two scholarship options will be listed for the Muma College of Business, one for general scholarships and one for study abroad scholarships. Students will be considered for many scholarships under these two options.
Most scholarships are designated for full-time (12 credit hours or more per term) business students at USF who meet all college admission requirements. Most yearly scholarships are in the $500 to $2,000 range.
LYNN PIPPENGER SCHOOL OF ACCOUNTANCY
Scholarships/excellence grants will be announced in upper-level accounting classes and applications may be obtained in March from the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, BSN 3305. Only accounting majors who have successfully completed ACG 3103 are eligible.
Students interested in receiving Study Abroad scholarships should apply under the normal USF Scholarship option and make sure that they click yes to the question about studying abroad this summer. This will automatically bring up the scholarships that students will be eligible for once the entire form is completed. Please contact Pavla Ozkul if you have any other questions.
- For more information on program specific scholarships please visit Education Abroad Scholarships
- Students will be awarded only one scholarship from either the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, the Economics Department, or the Muma College of Business.
BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Have at least a 3.4 USF GPA and a 3.4 Overall GPA. Incoming transfer students and first-term freshmen must have at least a 3.4 institutional GPA and 3.4 overall GPA at previous schools.
- Scholarship recipients WILL attend USF full-time (12 credit hours) during Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. Those who graduate earlier than expected or who are not full-time students due to work or other factors, will not be eligible for the full scholarship amounts. (Part-time students may be considered for a scholarship, but full-time students will be given first priority.)
- Be fully admitted to the Muma College of Business on the Tampa campus by the end of the Spring 2020 term.
- Have earned at least 12 hours at USF by the end of the Spring 2020 term (continuing students only) AND must have completed ACG 2071 (Principles of Managerial Accounting) by the end of the Spring term. First year Bulls Business Network students are exempt from this requirement.
- Award recipients must attend the Scholarship Award Luncheon and write the required donor thank you letter or they may be required to repay and/or forfeit their award.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified no later than the third week of June 2020, if they received an award.
- New Freshman – February 1, 2020
- Summer Study Abroad – February 14, 2020
- New Transfers & Graduate Students – February 28, 2020
- Continuing Students & Renewals – May 22, 2020
For questions or need assistance with Muma College of Business scholarships, contact Kimmi Phillips or call 813-974-3034. For assistance with general financial aid or other university scholarships, contact the University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services office or call 813-974-4700.
USF Financial Aid & Scholarships
Many other USF scholarships are available outside of the college. There are several step-by-step guides for obtaining financial aid, a link to financial aid forms, a quick guide to some of the most popular assistance programs and an online search tool for all graduate and undergraduate scholarships. The search lists scholarships by major, award amounts, scholarship criteria, and deadlines for applications.