Shenzhen University （SZU） has decided to recruit 150 teachers. The recruitment will be carried out in two rounds. The first round of recruitment will be open until December 15, 2020, and the positions not yet filled will be open in the second round. The relevant matters are hereby announced as follows:
I.Positions and Benefits
For the positions and specific requirements of this year’s recruitment, please refer to Shenzhen University Teaching Position Recruitment Plan in 2021 (see Annex 1, hereinafter referred to as the Plan).
Teachers recruited in 2021 will be subject to the tenure track; some positions will be subject to the management system of full-time academic faculty. The tenure track candidates should be under the age of 35, but the age requirement may be relaxed for urgently-needed or extra-special applicants. Age limits for talents with the title of associate professor and full professor can be relaxed to 40 and 45 years old respectively. Qualified candidates may be considered for appointment as Associate Professor or Full Professor.
Remuneration package for tenure track are as follows:
1.Annual salary: 380,000-700,000 yuan per year; extra-special candidates can be directly selected into the “3+1 Talent Project” of the university, and enjoy specific work remuneration of 150,000-200,000 yuan per year;
2.Enjoy the specific start-up fund for young teachers from 100,000 to 300,000 yuan;
3.Those who meet the requirements can enjoy Shenzhen’s high-level talents incentive subsidies and the start-up funds for high-end talents;
4.Housing policy: can apply for transition apartments on campus;
5.Educational support: Affiliated Education Group of Shenzhen University has kindergartens, primary schools and middle schools providing comprehensive quality education services for children of faculty and staff.
6.Medical care: Shenzhen University General Hospital provides high quality medical services for faculty and staff.
II. Qualification and Requirements
1.Candidates should have the qualifications stipulated in this announcement and the Plan.
2.Candidates should have background in related disciplines as specified in the Plan and have obtained the level of education in the required major as stipulated in the Plan.
3.Only the age and work experience up to the date of December 31, 2020 will be considered for the application.
4.Postdoctoral and full-time researchers from SZU are preferred if the candidate is of the same level.
1. Applications are open till December 5, 2020.
2.To apply, please log in the e-Recruitment system of Shenzhen University at http://zp.szu.edu.cn/ (it is recommended to use 360 speed browser or Google browser). The steps are as follows:
(1)Create a user account with your email. You will receive a system-generated email after your registration. Click the activation link in the email to activate your account.
(2)Click “Apply Now” for the position that you wish to apply and fill out the online form in details.
(3)Click “Submit Application”.
Each candidate can apply for up to three positions. Please refer to Faculty Recruitment System Manual (for applicants) (Attachment 2) for further information on the online application procedures.
Because the e-Recruitment system is in Chinese, foreign applicants can send their C.V., positions that they wish to apply, and contact information to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
1. Interview panel
Each unit will set up an interview panel consisting of no less than nine representatives from the professor committee of each school. Independent research institutions also establish an interview panel in the same way.
All units will comprehensively evaluate the candidates including academic background, work experience, academic achievements and development potential. No less than two candidates should be shortlisted for the interview for each position. In the case that there is no suitable candidate among the applicants, the recruitment of the position can be suspended. Each unit is responsible for notifying the candidates of the time and venue of the interview.
The specific interview details are determined by each unit and should generally include the following parts:
(1) Candidates should deliver a trial lecture of the courses related to the applied position;
(2) Candidates should report his/her academic and research achievements;
(3) Candidates should respond to the questions raised by the interview panel;
(4) The interview panel will score the candidates based on the trial lecture, research experience and achievements, and development potential. The average score will become the final result of the interview.
4. Applicants should submit the following documents for review at the interview:
(2) ID card (original copy for verification and one copy for submission);
(3) Academic and degree certificates (original copy for verification and one copy for submission; Domestic graduates who have not yet obtained the diploma should provide the recommendation form, the original transcript and the original copy of the academic and degree certificates of the last obtained degree; candidates from the overseas should provide certificates certified by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. Candidates who have not obtained the certification should provide documents including the transcript, a certificate specifying his/her academic status and graduation time issued by the candidate’s institutions);
(4) Documents on the candidate’s teaching and research achievements in the past five years (including but not limited to projects, patent, paper, publication, works and awards, etc.);
(5) Professional and technical qualification certificates if any;
(6) Other supporting documents to the position;
(7) Documents on other achievements, awards and work experience (optional).
Notes: (1) Candidates must apply for the position in accordance with the requirements of the posts. Candidates who fail to meet the requirements will not be shortlisted for the interview. (2) All documents provided by the candidate must be complete and genuine. Incomplete and false documents will lead to failure in application. Falsification will be recorded and reported to the municipal personnel department, under which candidates will not be allowed for employment at Shenzhen University in the future. (3) Candidates must provide an accurate contact number so as to be reached in time.
V. Recruitment Results and Announcement
The human resources committee of each school will submit a list of qualified candidates to the University based on the interview result (same to the independent research institutions). The professor committee in charge of personnel of the University will deliberate and determine the candidates to be hired. After the approval from the University, the proposed candidates will be announced on the recruitment website for comments for 7 days.
If no complaints about the proposed candidates are received or the complaints are unfounded or do not affect the employment after verification, the employment procedures will be completed within one year after the announcement. Candidates who fail to report to the University on time will be deemed as a waiver of the employment and will not be accepted.
For inquiries, please contact the human resources department. Contact person and means can be found on Shenzhen University Recruitment Platform.
Contact Persons of Human Resources Department: Ms. Fang and Mr. Zhang at 0755-26536111.
1.Shenzhen University Teaching Position Recruitment Plan in 2021
2. Faculty Recruitment System Manual (for applicants)
Source: Human Resources Department, Shenzhen University