Careers, Employability and Enterprise Advisor (0.6 FTE)
Salary: £26,715 to £32,817 Pro-rata
Closing Date: Sunday 12 July 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 21 July 2020
Bishop Grosseteste University is based in the historic uphill area of the city, just a ten minutes’ walk away from the castle and cathedral and a range of other cultural and historical attractions. BGU has been awarded a Gold Teaching Excellence Framework Award for its teaching and learning and the unique and positive experience we offer our students is well recognised and evidenced through such key achievements. This is an exciting time of expansion and growth for the institution and BGU will be able to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and contribute to our ongoing success.
They are seeking to appoint a qualified Careers, Employability and Enterprise Advisor to support the delivery of the BG Futures Careers, Employability and Enterprise activity.
The post holder’s duties will include:
- Delivery of one to one advice and guidance to undergraduate and post graduate students and alumni.
- Delivery of lectures and group work related to employability and enterprise.
- Lead for the organisation of the Teenage Market.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
- 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
- Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
- Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
- We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
This a temporary post until 30th June 2022.
Please contact Allison Webb on 01522 583656 for an informal discussion.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Further information is available at Bishop Grosseteste University.