The Hong Kong economy is facing tremendous challenges for a wide variety of internal and external reasons. At this critical point of time, it is especially important for the society to work together on solutions to overcome the economic fallout and restore the competitiveness of the Hong Kong economy.
For a long time HKU Business School has been involved in economic policy research and dedicated to contributing to the successful economic development of Hong Kong. This year the School will jointly start a new initiative with the Hong Kong Institute of Economics and Business Strategy which has been committed to economic policy research in Hong Kong since its inception in 1999 – the HKU Business School Thought Leadership Conference Series. The first of this series, entitled “The Future of Hong Kong Economy”, will take place on Friday, December 4, 2020.
The conference will address a broad range of critical issues relating to the economic development and government policies in Hong Kong. It will also explore approaches with experts in the business and community sectors on how to restore the local economy against the backdrop of global recession and political instability.
- Given the uncertainty surrounding the progression of pandemic, while every endeavour will be made to follow the arrangements announced, the HKU Business School reserves the right to modify and/or postpone the conference.
- Each table will seat 10 guests. It is subject to the government’s latest requirement and regulations on group gatherings, the catering and seating arrangements, the number of guests in each table and the distance between each table/seating area in the venue, will be modified as necessary to keep an appropriate social distance from participants.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful registrants will be notified by email in 10 business days and be provided with a payment link for further handling to secure the seats. Registration is not completed until payment has been received and a confirmation email has been sent.
- All registrations are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled.
- The event will be postponed/cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal (or above) or the Black Rainstorm warning signal is in force, further notice to successful registrants will be given in due course.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.